Monday, September 05, 2011

Pan-Fried Lemon Pepper Salmon


I have not pan-fry salmon for ages.  I always took the least time consuming method by baking it in the oven.  After a while, I guess I miss the crispy crust of pan-frying salmon.  This salmon dish is super duper easy especially if you already have the McCormick Lemon & Pepper seasoning salt in your cupboard.  I saw this seasoning in my pantry and realized that I hardly used this seasoning.  So, I took it out to be used in my salmon.  The salmon fillets that I bought was without skin.  So, in order to get the crispy crust that I was looking for, I patted both sides of my salmon with cornstarch.  And this got the job done.  I served it up with my Asian style stir-fried broccoli.  Or you can do my American style microwave butter broccoli, even easier.



Ingredients:

3 Salmon fillets, I cut it into smaller pieces so that it's easier to pan-fry in my wok
McCormick Lemon & Pepper seasoning salt to taste
2-3 Tbsp. Cornstarch, use as needed
Oil for pan-frying

Method:

1.  Season both sides of salmon fillet with lemon & pepper seasoning salt.  Pat both side with cornstarch.

2.  Heat up your wok or frying pan.  Add a little oil.  When hot, slowly add in the salmon.

3.  Pan-fry on one side first, then flip over and pan-fry the other side.  It's cooked when you press it in the middle of salmon and it's not soft.  Serve hot with your favorite sides.

11 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, I love the crust produced by using cornstarch...yum! And lemon pepper is a perfect seasoning for fish...simple and delicious!

Jocie's Mom said...

Mmmm! Sounds fabulous. Good tip with the cornstarch too. I made fish tacos last night and I really could have used that 'crisp' factor :)

Jerry said...

I usually bake salmon if I just want to set it and forget it. However, when I have a little more time, I usually prefer to go the pan searing route myself. I love a good pan seared salmon! Your lemon pepper salmon looks delicious :) I'd eat it with a side of salad.

chopinandmysaucepan said...

The old corn flour on the skin trick always works. I usually let it sear skin side down for almost 80% of cooking time and the result is always a very crispy and beautiful skin!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

oh, this must be very tasty!

tigerfish said...

you know what? after steaming/baking salmon for a while, i recently pan-fried it too till the skin got really crispy and it was very good!

Juliana said...

Oh! So simple and yet so tasty, love the crusty layer.
Hope you are having a great week Ching :-)

pigpigscorner said...

I like the crust from pan frying, think I prefer it to baked :)

Chibog in Chief said...

My husband eats only two kinds of fishes: tuna and salmon. Thanks for sharing this recipe I'm sure he will love this; simple and delicious. And thanks for the tip on using cornstarch :-) I could use that one on all my fried dishes :-)

My Asian Kitchen said...

good idea using pepper lemon seasoning..full of Omega 3 and it's good!! luckily we live in USA,salmon is pretty cheap here compare with other Asian countries..for me I like to make sushi out of it!!

Frozen Calzones said...

It looks so good! I usually use flour but i will try it out with cornstarch!