Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pear Preserves Cake


One of the reasons I made the pear preserves was I wanted to make this cake.  This cake was soft and moist and well received by my girls.  In fact, I am going to make this cake again.  I could taste the pear preserves in the cake.  The dried pineapple that I added increased the cake sweetness.  I would omit the dried pineapple next time I made this cake as I wanted to taste the pear alone without any competition from other flavor.  The dried pineapple sank to the bottom of the cake pan while baking and sort of glue to the pan and resulted the finished cake got stuck to the pan.  Hence, I advice you to line the pan with parchment paper if dried pineapple is used.


You can definitely substitute pear preserves with apple sauce or apple butter.  It should come out equally good even though I have not tried it before.



Ingredients:

(Wet)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1/2 cup 1% milk (or milk)
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup pear preserves

(Dry)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour

1/3 cup dried pineapple (optional)


Method:

1.  In a big bowl, add in eggs, whisk well with a hand whisk.  Next add in oil, whisk until combine.  Then, add milk and vanilla, whisk well.  Add in pear preserves, whisk well.  Preheat your oven to 350'F.

2.  Now add the dry ingredients.  Add in sugar, whisk well.  Add in baking soda, baking powder and salt, whisk well.  Now add in flour, whisk until combine.  Lastly, add in the optional dried pineapple.  Use a spatula to stir it in the batter.

3.  Line a 8" square pan with parchment paper and spray with butter.  Pour the batter in.  Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

4.  Cool completely on wire rack before storing in an air-tight container.

17 comments:

Cameron said...

Its look delicious.... I am very interesting in making cake...but have never make it before...

Belinda @zomppa said...

It's beautiful - perfect for tea!

Miss B @ Everybody Eats Well in Flanders said...

wow, that's fast! I was still making when I should make time to make your pear preserves (I had already bookmarked it) when you suddenly post this pear preserves cake :)

Looks very moist and delicious :)

cheers
Bee @EEWIF

ICook4Fun said...

I've seen a lot of cakes using applesauce but not with pear preserves. Very creative of you :)

Unknown said...

waaaa look so moist!! wonderful!

daphne said...

No butter again! you have such a knack in choosing these recipes!

StillTraveller said...

Oooh great post. That pear preserves cake looks perfect for afternoon tea. I will have to try making it sometime. Thanks for sharing.

tigerfish said...

The pear preserves turn out so well in a cake too :) that's so good.

Noob Cook said...

your cake looks so moist and delicious, and extra good with home-made pear preserves :)

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

What a beautiful, moist cake! I'm so glad it's pear season again...I'd like at least 3 slices of your yummy cake :)

Anonymous said...

Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you. cakes in california

Anonymous said...

Just made this with some of my father-in-law's pear preserves. Delicious and super moist! Perfect bake time.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thank you very much Anon for your feedback! So glad you enjoyed this cake.

Anonymous said...

Made it this evening very good.My husband liked it and he’s very particular. I made lg Muffins ❤️

LCOM said...

Thank you so much for your feedback! Glad you all liked it!

Anonymous said...

Just had pear jam gifted to me and looking forward to making this cake with it

LCOM said...

Great! Hope you like it!