Monday, September 26, 2011

Korean Tofu BuChim/ Dubu BuChim


This recipe caught my eyes when I was browsing Aeri's Kitchen for some Korean recipe ideas.  It caught my eyes because it looked exactly like a tofu dish my friend served at her house recently.  So, I added this dish because it was so simple to make and I have the organic firm tofu at home.  This tofu buchim didn't fail me, the sauce was delicious and did I say it was so easy to make?  Give it a try if you are having a lazy night and want a quick and delicious side dish for your dinner.  Oh, I liked Aeri's website for Korean food as she also made the trouble of making videos of her preparing the dishes.  I really kudo to those who did the extra step.



Recipe adapted from Aeri's Kitchen with slight modification.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 pack of organic firm tofu, cut like above picture, should have 10 pieces total
  • 1 stalk scallion, chopped only the green part, reserved for garnish

Sauce:
  • 2 Tbsp. Kikkoman light soy sauce
  • 1 tsp. chili powder or chili oil
  • 1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
  • 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. mirin
  • 1/2 Tbsp. pure sesame oil
  • 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds

Method:

1.  In a small bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients together.  Set aside.

2.  In a flying pan, add a little cooking oil and pan-fry the tofu slices until brown on both sides.  Dish out, drain on paper towel and arrange on a plate.

3.  Spoon the sauce mixture on the tofu like picture above and garnish with chopped scallion.

14 comments:

Belinda @zomppa said...

This is definitely something I want to make (and eat and eat and eat).

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

Beautiful looking dish, stunning photographs!

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Oh wow what a gorgeous presentation! Looks absolutely delicious! :)

Nava Krishnan said...

Oozing with so much taste, we too do enjoy Korean food although I don't cook much of it at home as my hubby is prefers curries. I like the way the tofu is prepared, all the more its so nutritious.

tigerfish said...

The sauce sounds easy to concoct but need to fry the tofu leh!.....

Win said...

Looks delicious. I will make this for dinner tonight. TY!

purabi naha said...

love Korean dishes for their taste and spiciness! Wow, this tofu dish is making me drool!! Great picture!

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

wow...looks divine..irresistable clik..:) kudos to you..!
Tasty Appetite

chopinandmysaucepan said...

This is one of the tastiest tofu styles, I love the crispy texture with the sweet savoury sauce and shallots!

Unknown said...

the perfect tofu dish...i wonder if i can get this kinda firm tofu around here...

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks all. :)

Tigerfish, hahahaha.... you can serve the sauce with plain cold soft tofu too.

Rita, it's just any firm tofu block that selling in the store. You pan-fried until it looks like that. ;)

Juliana said...

Wow, this tofu dish looks delicious...crispy and so tasty...beautifully presented.
Hope you are having a fantastic week :-)

My Asian Kitchen said...

wow!! you make so much Korean food!! syabas!! must watch plenty of Kdrama to get the influence,right??

Humans of Seoul said...

looks great. keep up the good work! ^^