I prefer the romaine lettuce heart which sold three in a packet instead of the romaine lettuce sold individually. I found it more suitable for stir-frying as it hold it's shape better and provided more crunch to the dish. This veggie has to be cooked quickly to preserve the green color or else it will turn black and it will look unappetizing.
For vegetarian, just omit the dried small shrimps and add the tofu for protein. You can also read more about dried small shrimps here. It has calcium and magnesium which said to prevent osteoporosis, reduce blood cholesterol level, regulate the blood flow and help in hypertension. We only use a little bit of this in each dish.
- 1 Romaine lettuce heart, washed and cut
- 1.5 Tbsp. dried small shrimps, washed and drain (you can also use dried shrimps)
- 3 cloves of garlic, slice
- 1/2 block of firm tofu, cut
- Oyster sauce to taste, about 1-2 Tbsp.
1. Heat up your wok, when heated, add in some cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add in the dried small shrimps, fry until crispy. Half way through add in the garlic.
2. When the dried small shrimps is crisp and the garlic is slightly golden, add in the romaine lettuce. Quickly stir-fry it. Add in the tofu and mix well.
3. Add oyster sauce to taste. Add a little water if you want. Mix well and serve hot!