Thursday, July 24, 2008

Crisp Lemon Cookies 2



Still not quite satisfied with my last attempt, I played around with the previous recipe and came out with Crisp Lemon Cookies 2. I like this recipe better because this cookies turned out to be real crispy. It would be great with some added lemon zest to kick up the flavor even more. Since the previous cookies I made it really kids friendly (bear shape with color sugar and sprinkles), I decided to try another pattern on this. Great with a cup of coffee!



Ingredients:

(A)

1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 cup powdered sugar

(B)
1/2 cup or 1 stick of butter, softened
2 tsp. Pure lemon extract
1/2 tsp. Pure vanilla extract

1 Tbsp. milk

Method:

1. In a food processor, add in (A). Pulse to combine.

2. Then, add in (B) and process until a dough is formed. Take it out on a lightly flour surface and give it a few kneads. Roll to 1/4 inch thickness and cut with a cookie cutter or pastry crimper. (Note: the dough will be soft, you need to transfer the cookie with a scraper or you can refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 30 mins. before rolling.)

3. Place on a parchment lined baking pan and bake in preheated 350'F oven for 15-17 minutes or until lightly brown on edges.


I am also submitting my recipe to the Original Recipe event hosted by Lore at Culinarty.

23 comments:

Lore said...

Glad you're now satisfied with the end result. Crispy and lemony sounds lovely! The pattern is so delicate....me want some, me want some lemon cookies :)
Thanks for participating!

SIG said...

Those cookies look gorgeous. Might try them when have time. ;)

Ling's Passion said...

How nice if I can have your crispy lemon cookies now that I am having my coffee.....*drooling*

Anonymous said...

Def gonna try this recipe. Love just about anything with lemon. :)

tigerfish said...

You have great perseverance hor....:p

Madeline said...

I'm crazy about anything lemon. I can't wait to try these. I like your idea of adding a little lemon zest. I'll try them that way. And very cute pattern too!

Charmaine said...

I like the pattern on the cookie. May I ask what is powdered sugar? What is the equivalent for 1 stick of butter?
Thanks for sharing.

Alanna Kellogg said...

What did you use to create the cross-hatches? These are very pretty!!

Jeanine - The Baking Beauties said...

Wonderful looking cookies! I bet they're great with a cuppa coffee or tea.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Lore and thanks for including me. :)

SIG, YES! Do give it a try, really crispy and good. :)

Haha Ling, here *pass Ling some lemon cookies* :D

Yay Christine, I hope you will like it too!

Haha Tigerfish, I guess so!

Thanks Madeline. Yes do try with some lemon zest, it should be great!

Thanks Charming. Powdered sugar is confection sugar. 1 stick of butter is 113g.

Thanks Alanna. I used a pastry crimper to cut my dough and then decorate the top with the pastry crimper too. Roll, crimp and cut at the same time, faster compared to using a cookie cutter. ;)

Thanks Jeanine. They are! :)

Anonymous said...

These look great - the lemony flavor would be perfect with tea...

T said...

Thanks for posting a wonderful recipe. My daughter and i enjoyed making them into teddy bears. Some eyes were "pa qiao" and were really cute to make and yummy to eat!
Thanks again!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yes Kitchen confit, try it!

You are so welcome mamayiyi! Glad you tried it and like it! And thanks for the feedback. :)

Jen Kershner said...

Lemon cookies! You are singing my song. I'm so glad I found you.

sitta said...

Lemon and coffee...definitely will be nice pairing.

Lia said...

i love lemon cokies especially the aroma, hmmm yummm!

Sweet Jasmine said...

May I have tea with you..?

Baking Fiend said...

I tot you had used the cooling rack to create that design on the cookies! LOL...

beautifully done.

SIG said...

Hello my dear... what is a crimper? Can show a photo of it? Tks. :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

I'm glad you found me too, Jen!

Yes sitta, try it!

Lia, I love the aroma of lemon cookie when I bite into one also.

Hop over Sweet Jasmine!

Thanks baking fiend. Haha...I don't think a cooling rack can create that design.

Hi Sig, just go on google and type pastry crimper, lots of picture there. ;)

SIG said...

Haha, never thought of that. I'm not a very internet person lol! Thanks!

Glory said...

hi,
i dont have any lemon extract, do you think i can replace that with lemon juice? thanks..

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Glory,
I would prefer lemon extract. Little amount, strong flavor. With lemon juice, I'm not sure.