Monday, May 21, 2012

Meatless Monday Dinner


I am showing a picture of my meatless Monday meal so that you will have an idea of what to cook for your family.  Sweet potato rice (recipe coming up next), mapo tofu with carrot and scallion, asparagus with homemade sambal and pear, carrot and onion soup (recipe posted).

Losing weight is empowering so I might do meatless weekdays and on Tuesday and Thursday to include fish.  We still eat meat on Sat. and Sun when we eat out and probably have cheat day if my hubby go buy some chicken wings.  Will have occasional Chinese herbal chicken tonic soup as well.

I want to do this and start juicing and then go get my blood test to see the effect of this on my body.  I am my own experiment and I am curious about the result.  I just came back from Malaysia and have gained 8 pounds.  After 1 week, I lost about 4-5 pounds.  Still have 3-4 pounds to lose to become where I was before.  But my goal is to lose another 5-10 pounds on top of that, then it will be the weight before I got pregnant or when I first came to the U.S.

9 comments:

tigerfish said...

I like the meatless mapo tofu idea! I have to think of something about the 'sauce" right now as I don't have homemade sambal.

Thanks for sharing the complete meatless meal too. I often have such meals but never taken many photos for the entire meal like that. There are just 1-2 photos I have to share.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Thanks for the idea, hope i can cook full vegetarian meal soon.

Nava K said...

I am not surprised that you gained 8 pounds after coming back from Malaysia. Not to brag but we have the best food on earth and you know sometimes its so difficult to hold back. Our culture is all about eating and the huge variety of selection is simply amazing.

I like that you do meatless on certain days and yes, with the juicing its an excellent way of staying healthy and losing weight too.

Now as to the recipes, I have never made rice with sweet potatoes but will be a great try because we are all about rice, rice and more rice.
The tofu is very lovely and this weekend, its going to be an experiment trying out similar recipes as you have shared.

daphne said...

Looks so healthy yet delicious! U r so close to you goal!

WokandSpoon said...

'asparagus with homemade sambal and pear' - that sounds like an interesting combination - sambal and pear! Post the recipe! I don't eat meat but my veggie dishes are so boring compared to this!

Noob Cook said...

your dinner is proof that meatless is equally delicious. veg mapo tofu is a neat idea!

CJ - Food Stories said...

Thx for connecting with me on foodbuzz. I just subscribed to your blog feed and can't wait to see what your next post will be!

Fern @ To Food With Love said...

Wow, I think I need to follow your meatless diet too :) Looks delicious!

Caca said...

i love vegiie meals