Friday, May 04, 2012

Easy Stir-Fried Carrots


Carrot is better if stir-fried it with a little oil.  It is also better if you don't peel it with a peeler but scrape it with the back of your knife and then rinse it.  Just like gobo/burdock root (outer layer is packed with nutrient too).  Since I started to plan meatless meals for my family twice a week, I need to come out with more vegetarian dishes.  Carrot has always been a side ingredient in my Chinese cooking but I wanted to make it a main ingredient so I created this easy dish.  It's really easy and only used garlic and carrot, not to say simple to make too.


Ingredients:

  • 3-4 organic carrots, julienned
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • Sesame oil
  • Light soy sauce
  • Toasted sesame seeds (if you have)

Method:

1.  In a heated wok, add some sesame oil.  Add in garlic, stir-fry until slightly golden, quickly add in julienned carrots.  Stir-fry well.

2.  Season to taste with soy sauce.  Dish out and garnish with some toasted sesame seeds on top before serving.


11 comments:

Mabel (@ mdcooksfor2) said...

Egg and chives omelet is also good! Or steamed egg like chawan mushi!

Belinda @zomppa said...

So simple but perfect!!

Alice said...

simple and delicious! i usually add with some green leafy vegetables too to make it more colorful :)

Smoky Wok (formerly Tastes of Home) said...

simply delicious!!!:)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Simple and yummy, a nice side dish too.

WendyinKK said...

I've made something similiar with orange juice and rosemary.

I'm too lazy to scrape the skin and will just reach for the peeler.
Maybe next time I should try scraping. My grandaunt scrapes it all the time, she said, peeling is wasteful.

Little Corner of Mine said...

That's a great idea too Mabel. My girls also like chives omelet.

Alice, I don't add other green because I want to make the carrot the star dish. :P

Thanks Smokywok.

Thanks Sonia.

Me too Wendy because peeler is so much easier. But when I learned that lot of nutrient are on the outside, I will try to scrape it if I have the time. Normally for juicing using organic carrot, I don't peel and scrape it, I just wash it.

tigerfish said...

I'm so doing this! Make carrots the main ingredient as I need to constantly come out with new meatless dishes too. :)

Retno Prihadana said...

easy and simple, good idea

WokandSpoon said...

Definitely makes it more interesting than boring boiled carrots.

Healthy Easy Recipes said...

Simple and yummy