Thursday, June 07, 2007

Banana Cake



Since I have some leftover ripen banana in the freezer, I decided to try Yochana's Banana Cake recipe. This recipe has been tried by many and had received great reviews. However, can someone please tells me why my arranged sliced banana ended out like that? It shifted places while baking in the oven and ended out looking so ugly. I saw others who have nice banana slices laying on top unlike mine. Any tips/trick in achieving that?


No idea how it shifted from the top of the cake to right in the middle? Looks good though, LOL!



This is the part without the banana slices. Taste wise, I like this cake because it is really soft and moist. Definitely a keeper like the others said. Thanks Lucy! :)

Oh, I used Hugbear's link because it's very hard to locate Lucy's recipe in her blog. See how Hugbear banana slices are in placed after being baked? I wonder what's wrong with mine? *sigh*

11 comments:

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Looks like your bananas were a little camera-shy (heh!) I like the look of that slice in the second pic. It's like you intended it to look that way! :)

Mandy said...

I think the design of your cake is kind of unique! I have just made 2 loaves of banana cakes! I should have come here first before I used up my bananas.....

Anonymous said...

Hi Ching,
What is cake flour? Can I use plain flour instead?

Thanks
June

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks V. :)

Mandy, there's always next time. :)

June, cake flour is a low protein flour and it is used to give cakes high volumn, fine texture and delicate tenderness. You can buy Softasilk Cake Flour at any grocery stores here (cheaper at WalMart). But of course you can substitute it with plain flour.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ching,
Made the banana cake this morning and the same thing happened to my cake.The banana slices on the outer rim of the cake sunk in the cake. COuld only see the slices in the middle of the cake. Wonder if it has anything to do the with altitude.
June

Little Corner of Mine said...

June,
I think it has everything to do with high altitude. I didn't adjust to suit baking in high altitude and read that it might cause the cake to sink.

Next time I probably won't decorate the banana slices on top and perhaps add it into baking the cake itself. Will experiment a bit! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ching,
Great idea! have a great day!

june

Anonymous said...

just a thought: the banana slices were too heavy for the batter that it sank - try to slice it thinner or put it in only when the cake has been halfbaked

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Anon,
Thanks for your great tips! Next time leave a name ya!

Anonymous said...

hi there! your cake looks lovely! cant wait to try out this recipe of yours.. btw, do i have to grease and flour the baking pan before i pour the cake batter in? thank you so much for all your easy to understand recipes! keep them coming! wishing u good health! ;)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks skinnyglutton! I wish I can be a skinny glutton too. LOL! Anyway, yes, please grease all the baking pan before pouring in the batter (you don't have to flour it) except for making chiffon cake.