Carrot is better if stir-fried it with a little oil. It is also better if you don't peel it with a peeler but scrape it with the back of your knife and then rinse it. Just like gobo/burdock root (outer layer is packed with nutrient too). Since I started to plan meatless meals for my family twice a week, I need to come out with more vegetarian dishes. Carrot has always been a side ingredient in my Chinese cooking but I wanted to make it a main ingredient so I created this easy dish. It's really easy and only used garlic and carrot, not to say simple to make too.
- 3-4 organic carrots, julienned
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Sesame oil
- Light soy sauce
- Toasted sesame seeds (if you have)
1. In a heated wok, add some sesame oil. Add in garlic, stir-fry until slightly golden, quickly add in julienned carrots. Stir-fry well.
2. Season to taste with soy sauce. Dish out and garnish with some toasted sesame seeds on top before serving.