My family loved yam leaves and sweet potato leaves. So when shopping in the Asian market, I often would buy this veggie. Usually I would cook it with the shrimp paste in soy bean oil but today I wanted to try something different. I wanted to cook it without the paste and just seasoned it with some fish sauce and fragrant it with bird eye chili and garlic. You might be familiar with this way of cooking too. I had to cut the stem with kitchen scissor after I done cooking for easy swallowing.
This picture did not do the veggie justice. It definitely taste better than it looks.
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Thai bird eye chili, chopped
- 1 big bunch yam leaves, pluck the leaves and wash in water twice
- Fish sauce to taste
- 1 tsp. sugar
1. Heat up the wok, when heated add in some cooking oil. When hot, add in the garlic and chili and stir-fry until fragrant.
2. Add in the yam leaves and stir-fry well or until the veggie reduce in size. Season with fish sauce and sugar. Add a little water if needed.