Monday, June 25, 2007

Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cake


As you can tell, I am loving cream cheese pound cake! I adapted this recipe from lemon pound cake. I don't have any orange at home and thus the use of extract. But it would certainly fragrant packed with added orange zest. Not that this is not fragrant, but I like the burst of flavor when I bite into the zest. ;)



Another look of the cake.


Ingredients:


1 8oz cream cheese
3/4 c (1 1/2 sticks) of butter
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. orange extract
1/2 tsp. lemon extract

4 eggs
2 cups cake flour or all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 325'F. Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and extracts until well blended. Add eggs one at a time and beat until combined.

2. Add in flour and baking powder and beat at low speed until incorporated.

3. Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

4. Let cool completely on wire rack.

9 comments:

WokandSpoon said...

The cake looks great. I've never tried making a cake with cream cheese before but it sounds (and looks) like it comes out well!

Baking Fiend said...

Drooling... leave me a slice of this!

East Meets West Kitchen said...

That was soft and yummy and my kids loved it! Thanks for sharing.

Little Corner of Mine said...

WokandSpoon,
You should give cream cheese cake a try because it's good!

Baking Fiend,
Here's a virtual slice for you! :P

You're welcome V. Glad your daughters loved it because Evy loved it too.

Lee Ping said...

Dear Little Corner of Mine,

I have tried your cake recipes and they have been successful for me. I am sure this one will not be an exception as well.

p/s
Anytime a cake calls for orange, I include a little shreds of orange skin.

Home Cooking said...

wow, yr cake looks so soft and gorgeous, wish to try oneday

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Lee Ping,
I would have added some orange zest if I have a orange at home. But don't have one at that time. :(

Thanks I Sha. Do give it a try ya! :)

Edith said...

Ching, I am definitely going to try this one. Looks so fluffy. I used to love Sara Lee Pound cake. Thanks for sharing.

Little Corner of Mine said...

You're welcome Edith. Feedback ya if you do try it! :)