Friday, October 19, 2007

Gochujang Soup



I am crazily in love with this soup! This is my latest tofu seaweed Gochujang (Korean red pepper paste) soup. Everything that is good for us are in this soup and it's so tasty with a hint of spiciness. I can have a big bowl of this soup as it's soooo good.

I have already posted my recipe here. But this latest version is with the seaweed instead of napa cabbage. They match so well together. You should give this spicy soup and the combination above a try (if you haven't already)! *wink*

Hmmm...next time I should add Udon noodle in it and make it a Spicy Udon tofu & seaweed soup huh? Then, my lunch is "kau tim".

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum! I just had my tofu stew fix in a Korean eatery last weekend, and now you tempting me again. But I have not bought my Gochujang leh. I actually "ransacked" the shelves in the Korean supermarket but did not see something with no MSG leh.....hmmmmmmmm....

Hey, you can add in Udon next time. It will be VERY GOOD!

BTW, I just posted Tamarind Prawns. Tried your recipe, thanks!

East Meets West Kitchen said...

I made this soup with minced chicken, seaweed and macaroni yesterday. We are beginning to think alike! haha!

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Forgot to mention, but I guessed you already know that I had it will a very tall glass of cold milk. hehe!

Indonesia Eats said...

gochujangg ohhh love it

Indonesia Eats said...

yum yum yum... looking sooo good

Little Corner of Mine said...

Tigerfish,
Hmmm...I never check to see whether mine got MSG or not, it probably has. It's okaylah, I bet the one in the Korean restaurant also has MSG. kekeke....

V, hahaha...cold milk huh? ;) But it's so good hor? I just bought a big bag of miso paste to cook for my girls so that we can have the spicy one and they can enjoy the non-spicy one. :) Definitely the soup for the cold winter months!

Thanks Andaliman. I love Gochujang too! :D

Big Boys Oven said...

Must taste good, wish we can have some sampling....lol!

Retno Prihadana said...

Should try this one, I haven´t had Gochujang.

Little Corner of Mine said...

BBOven,
Yeah, I wish I could sample some of your cakes too! ;)

Retno,
Yes, you should, quick go buy Gochujang!

KellytheCulinarian said...

I can see why you love this, it's a beautiful, hearty looking dish.

lisha87 said...

I tried this today...
i have to say its super YUMMY!!!
thanks for the recipe... loved it!!!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks for the feedback lisha! Glad you loved it. I loved it too and have been cooking it often. :)