Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tagged: My Favorite Food ...

I got lucky and got tagged by East Meets West Kitchen for this tag. As a Malaysian it was really hard for me to come out with my favorite food. Come on...there are so many delicious food in M'sia thus how to pick just one? I managed to pick two as my favorite though because these are the two dishes I got to have whenever I go back to M'sia.




1) Nasi Lemak - They called it a Malaysia National Dish and I couldn't agree more. I don't think there is any one Malaysian who don't know what is nasi lemak. We basically see it selling every where in M'sia, be it in a fancy restaurant or mamak stall (hawker stall), either comes wrapped in a fragrant banana leaf with a minimal ingredients or serves in a plate with extra ingredients such as curry chicken, beef rendang, sambal cuttlefish, fried egg, etc, I love it all. :) For those who don't know, it is rice cooked in coconut milk and screwpine leave.




2) My second love is Penang Assam Laksa. I just love the sourness and spiciness from this gravy along with freshly sliced pineapple, red onion, cucumber, lettuce and fresh mint. Of course lots of fish as I made my own, I can afford to add lots of fish with the fat fat noodle top with shrimp paste, who could resist? At least I couldn't! Oh man, now I need a bowl of Penang assam laksa!

OK, now I have to pass the tag to __. Who's the lucky one?


The Cooking Ninja

Fresh from the Oven

Teczcape

I Sha

Stream in the Hip Desert


BTW ladies, no obligation okay? ;)


**Start Copy**

Proposition: What is your favorite food in your state or country?

Requirements: Find some info about the food and show delicious pictures of it?

Quantity: FIVE PEOPLE.

Tag Mode: You leave their blog and post link and add to the list below.


Mybabybay loves Asam Laksa from Penang, Malaysia

JustMyThoughts loves Penang Char Koay Teow

My Lil Venture loves Laksa Sarawak

Monterssorimum loves Teluk Intan Chee Cheong Fun

Chinnee loves Melaka Wan Tan Mee

PeimunLeah loves Hakka Lei Cha

Hui Sia loves Crispy duck skin from China

Karen loves Pan Mee

Simple American loves Cheese Enchiladas

Nicole Tan loves Char Tau Kueh

velverse loves Otak-Otak

Giddy Tiger loves Dim Sum

may loves Roti Bakar

Selba loves Gado-gado

Chen loves Satay*

eastcoastlife loves Shanghai Buns

Kev loves 蕃薯旦

Bokjae loves Ipoh Sar Hor Fun

Cooking Momster loves Penang Heah Koh & Chee Cheong Fun

Blur Mommy loves Clam Chowder

Granmother Stories loves everything

East Meets West Kitchen loves Good Dim Sum

Little Corner of Mine loves Nasi Lemak & Penang Assam Laksa

9 comments:

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Wow! You are fast, girlfriend! Thanks for doing this! [insert BIG kiss!] And I enjoyed your nasi lemak very much! Thanks!

Lee Ping said...

Dear Little Corner of Mine,

Thanks for the tag!

My favorite food is Nasi Lemak.

I was drooling over your Penang Assam Laksa. It is perfect for hot summer days. I have lost my appetite these few days because of the heat.

Anonymous said...

ok. Now I got to scratch my head ...hahaha

Little Corner of Mine said...

No problem V. glad to do it! :)

You're welcome Lee Ping. Waiting to read your post! :)

Hi, cooking ninja, yeap! head scratching time! LOL! But no obligation k. :)

Home Cooking said...

alamak, got new homework :D

hmmm...i luv nasi lemak too ^_^

Little Corner of Mine said...

Haha I Sha, I called this home work or assignment too! Blogging also has to do assignment, LOL! But, it's all just for fun and no obligation whatsoever ya! :)

Anonymous said...

I hop over from LeePing and found a bunch of food lovers. I was in Penang recently after 10 years absence. Guess what? You don't believe it. My friends and I went from stall to stall to taste all the food -assam laksa, curry mee, fried kuey teay n ended with a sea-food dinner. How on earth did I managed to devour so much in so short a time? EaSY-the food come in small helpings of RM2.50 each. HAHA

Anonymous said...

hop over from LeePing and found a bunch of food lovers. Recently I visited Penang after more than 10 years absence. Guess what? I sampled all the famous Penang food - assam laksa, curry mee, fried kuey teay, lala chien, poh piah, then drown in with ice-kacang. if thats not enough, we were treated to a sea-food restaurant for dinner. I myself am amazed how my friends and I did that?
To tell you the secret- it comes in small helpings of RM2.50 each.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Julie,
How great you got to sample all the food. M'sia serving is small to begin with, so with your small helping, no wonder you and your friends could do it! Aiyo, you made me salivate again by mentioning all the famous Penang food. :P