Monday, January 27, 2014

Salted Chicken Egg Steamed Eggs


I made some salted chicken eggs a while back and I had no idea what to do with it.  Haha... you could say that was why I never bother to make my own or even buy salted eggs before.  But since I decided to make some the other day and my family members do not like to eat porridge, so there is no way that I can serve it with porridge.  I didn't want to waste the salted eggs so I made this!    It was so simple and blend well with the steamed eggs and not too salty at all.  I didn't season the beaten eggs for this reason.  Those tiny black dots were white pepper in case you were wondering.  I also added it in fried eggs, like a salted eggs fried eggs and my girls said it was good as well.


Make your own salted chicken eggs, recipe here.

Take one salted boiled egg, shelled and cut it into tiny pieces and spread it all over the Pyrex pie plate.


In a 2 cups Pyrex measuring cup, add in 3 eggs, lightly beat it.  Look at the measuring cup and check how much the eggs measured.  Add 1 Tbsp. of ShaoHsing cooking wine and then top it with the same amount of measurement as the eggs (1:1).  Whisk well.  Season with ground white pepper.  *I didn't add any salt or soy sauce because of the salted eggs*  Then strain this mixture onto the pie plate with salted egg.  Cover with a cling wrap and steam on high heat for 12 minutes or until cooked through.  Done!

2 comments:

tigerfish said...

Good to have the homemade salted egg flavor up the steamed eggs :) I only can think of using salted egg to fry with vegetables such as bittergourd.

Juliana said...

I love salted egg, as a matter of fact every time that I see desserts with it I have to have it...
I never had salted eggs this way...looks yum!
Thanks for the recipe Ching and hope you are enjoying your week :D