Monday, January 13, 2014

Delicious Tropical Gluten Free Cookies


This is a little different from my Gluten Free Almond Flaxseed Cookies as I added some tropical feel to it.  I added dried pineapple and dried mango.  You can substitute that with chocolate chips, dried cranberries or raisins.


This tropical cookie is crispy and slightly soft in the middle on the first day.  On the next day, it turns soft and chewy but still delicious.  My younger girl said this cookie doesn't look pretty but tastes delicious.  ;-) Oh well, it looks pretty nutty and healthy (nutrients from almond, flaxseed and coconut) to me, and it is gluten free.  If you try it, remember to feedback to me ya!  I want to know whether you like my creation.


After baking

Ingredients:

1 stick of butter
1/2 cup of cane sugar
1 large brown egg
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup almond meal (from making the almond milk)
1/2 cup ground flaxseeds
1/2 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut for baking
3/4 cup candied pineapple and papaya (can substitute with dried cranberries or raisins)

 Before baking

Methods:

1.  In a large Pyrex bowl, add in the butter and melt it in the microwave for 1 minute.  Whisk and let cool.  At the meantime, chop up the dried candied pineapple and papaya into small pieces.

2.  Add cane sugar into the melted butter, whisk until dissolved.  Add egg and vanilla, whisk well.

3.  Add almond meal, flaxseed and finely shredded coconut, whisk well.  Lastly add in the chopped fruit.  Stir with a spatula until well mixed.

4.  Preheat the oven to 350'F.  Use the small cookie scoop and scoop into a parchment lined baking sheet.  Finish all.  Bake each tray in the middle rack of the oven for 15 minutes.  Or use convection oven.

5.  When done, take it out and let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring it to cool completely on the wire rack.  As the cookies are soft when warm and crisp up when cooled.  Store in an air-tight container.

~Yields about 32 cookies.


7 comments:

tigerfish said...

You achieve all textures in the same cookie by keeping them a day longer or not! That's good :)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

sound healthy and nice..

Noob Cook said...

They look pretty enough to me :)

WokandSpoon said...

I haven't seen ground flaxseed around here - do you grind it up yourself? I like the tropical touch! :-)

Gloria Fernandes said...

looks delicious...

Little Corner of Mine said...

WokandSpoon,
We get the buy the ground flaxseed here, but last time I didn't know and bought the whole flaxseed, so I just process it in my food processor.

Victoria Bakes said...

what a lovely change from the normal cookies.. i love anything gluten free