I bought some strawberries the other day because it was on sales. And I always wanted to try Strawberries Butter Cake. So, I reserved some strawberries for my little experiment. Hehe...
My experiment was a success! This cake turned out soft and moist with a little bite of strawberry bits. Evy loved it and ate 3 pieces for breakfast!
1 cup unsalted butter (or 2 sticks), soften
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. strawberry extract
1 1/3 cup self-raising flour
1 cup chopped strawberries (coat with flour before adding into the batter)
1. Preheat oven to 350'F. Spray a bundt pan with PAM for baking with flour. Set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beat until incorporated.
3. Add milk and strawberry extract, beat until combined.
4. Add flour and beat until incorporated.
5. Lastly add in the chopped strawberries. Stir in with a spatula.
6. Pour batter into pan and bake for 40 minutes. If the top is too brown at 30 minutes, cover the top with aluminium foil and continue baking.
7. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting the cake to cool completely on a wire rack.
I used 8" square pan and left with extra batter to fit another 3 muffin paper cups. So, I changed the pan size to bundt pan so it would fit all the batter.