Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Air-fried 5 Spice Tofu


This recipe popped into my mind while I was exercising on my stationary bike.  I know tofu takes the flavor of the marinade and I thought of an Asian style flavoring.  Like what if I marinate it with soy sauce and add 5 spice powder into it?  The other spices just came together while I was seasoning the tofu.

Did I mention how much I loved my air-fryer?  It just gave me so much more convenience when cooking the fried tofu.  I used to pan-fry the tofu in 2 batches and now I just threw it into the deep-fryer and it was done in 13 minutes.  How convenient is that?

Seasoned and marinated tofu cubes ready for air frying.





Ingredients:

Firm tofu, cut into small cubes
5 spice powder
Soy sauce
Himalayan pink salt
Garlic powder
Black pepper
Dried chives
Sesame oil
Cornstarch (non-GMO)

Methods:

1.  In a bowl, add in the cut tofu.  Season with 5 spice powder, soy sauce, pink salt, garlic powder, black pepper, dried chives and sesame oil.  Stir to coat well.  Let the tofu marinade for 30 minutes.

2.  Add in the cornstarch and stir gently to coat the tofu.

3.  Air-fry in 390'F oven for 13 minutes.  Take it out half way to stir around.

4.  Serve immediately and enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How much 5 spice????????????????