Friday, April 25, 2008

Stir-fry Kailan



Instead of the usual oyster sauce Kailan, I loved to cook my Kailan this way. We liked to order Kailan cooked in garlic when we eat out in an authentic Chinese restaurant. But at home, I like to add ginger slices into mine. This is one of my older home cook recipes. Have been cooking this for years and still doing so.



Ingredients:

Few slices of gingers
2 cloves of garlics, chopped
Kailan
Salt & soy sauce to taste
Some water
1/2 tsp. chicken stock granules
Cornstarch mixture

Method:

Heat oil in a wok. When heated, add in the ginger slices, fry until fragrant, add in the garlics. Then, add in the veggie/ Kailan. Fry until Kailan is a bit cooked, then add in the salt. A little water and chicken stock granules. Fry to mix well and lastly thicken it with the cornstarch mixture. Serve hot.

14 comments:

tigerfish said...

In Taiwan, they like to add ginger in most of their vegetables - even chinese spinach!

ICook4Fun said...

Just to let you know I already did the 'Gratitude' tag and it's at my other blog.

Indonesia Eats said...

I always love all kinds of Chinese greens... I feel hungry now

daphne said...

I prefer Kai Lan than choy sum or bak choy. Just something about the crunchy stalks. That looks simple and healthy. =)

Sweet Jasmine said...

I love my vege to be 'cheng cheng' fry with just garlic...and nothing else....

GFAD said...

Hi! I read that you recently got a sony HDR-SR11E camcorder. Was wondering how is the performance of the camcorder? Thanks!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Tigerfish, I love to put ginger is some of my stir-fry veggies too. Another one is bean sprouts, match very well with ginger.

Thanks Gert! :)

Indo-eats, me too!

I love kailan but it's harder to wash. The leaves of the kailan here seem to have a layer of grease.

Sweet Jasmine, "cheng cheng" is good.

Hi Ka..t,
Yes, my hubby bought it recently, thus far the quality of the video is pretty good, very clear (HD, can't be too bad) and after shooting, we can play it back instantly to take a look which is great. It's small too so very easy to carry. As for pictures taking, the quality is bad since this is meant for video (color a bit off). Will ask my hubs later to see whether he has anything to add since this is his toy. :P

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I'll add next time some slices of ginger, good idea ! Thanks and regards from Paris.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Ohlala,
Thanks for stopping by and said Hi! :)

Unknown said...

i loveeeeee kailan very much and i dont know why i hate choi sum (wat's choi sum in english?)...maybe cos i love nutty flavor and choy sum doesn't have it

Babe_KL said...

try a dash of cooking wine into yr kailan next time, will bring it up to the next level :p

Little Corner of Mine said...

Rita,
I don't know what kailan and choi sum in English. :P I like choi sum too, match well with oyster sauce.

Thanks for your tips, babe_kl, will try it next time. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Boil some water with a few drop of cooking oil, when boil put in the kailan and boil for 30 seconds. Drain and rinse the kailan with coldwater. Toss dry and stir fry with ginger and rice wine. enjoy!

Regards
Amelia

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks for your tips, Amelia.