Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Stir-Fry Tom Yam Shrimps

I always looking for way to cook shrimps. I got this idea from Amy Beh's Vietnamese Prawns in her first cookbook. What can I say, I always attracted to easy recipe that tastes good. I made this recipe simpler by using the bottled key lime juice that available in all WalMart stores at the produce section. Hehe...short-cut all the way for me.



Featuring one of my home cook dishes.

Ingredients:

12 extra large shrimps, shelled & deveined but leave the tails on

1 lemon grass, cut into 1 inch length (optional)

2 Kaffir lime leaves, sliced (optional)

4 shallots, sliced

3 cloves of garlic, chopped

4 chilli padi (Thai chilli), chopped

2 Tbp. Tom Yam paste

1 Tbp. key lime juice

1 tsp. sugar

Drizzle of dark soy sauce

1/3 cup water

sesame oil

Method:

1. Heat the wok with some oil. When heated, add lemon grass and shallots. Stir-fry for a little while, then add in garlic, chilli padi and kaffir lime leaves. Stir- well until fragrant.

2. Add shrimps, give a quick stir. Add in tom yam paste, key lime juice, dark soy sauce, sugar and water. Stir-fry until the shrimps are cooked and sauce thicken.

3. Turn off the fire and drizzle a little sesame oil on top. Give it a quick stir and serve on a plate.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wah Ching, you are always cooking tom yam dishes to tantalize our taste buds! I still remember your fiery tom yam soup ;p

Fonia said...

Ching, I've received some Tom Yam Paste fr my mum, dunno how to use for cooking... So happy and really thanks you 4 all these Tom Yam dishes. ;)

Alicia said...

I didn't know you can use the paste for stir fries other than soups. Well, goes to show that you can learn something new each day! :D

Tazz said...

Thought I want to skip lunch today. Your food made me hungry now! *lol*

Little Corner of Mine said...

Tazz, oops! But it's not good to skip lunch. ;P

Fonia, you are so welcome!

Buzzbuzz, right on.

Angie, love spicy food, what to do! :P

culinary said...

if you cooking this dish as soup will be thai dish call Tom yum kung.

Jasmine Riko said...

Another dish that makes me wet again. :p *lame laughing at herself* Thanks for sharing! It makes a very good CNY dish “Ha Ha Dai Siew”.

Gong Hei Fa Choi to you and your family. ^^

Little Corner of Mine said...

"Ha Ha Dai Siew" I like it!!