Tried out a new butter cake recipe using sour cream. I read a lot of reviews that this cake is moist and yummy. I modified it from the original recipe that I found at allrecipes.com.
Verdict: It is indeed moist and delicious.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup butter (or 2 sticks), softened
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream (8 oz)
2 oz (56.5g) Ghirardelli 60% cocoa bittersweet chocolate baking bar
Yield 1 9-inch bundt pan
1. Preheat oven to 325'F (165'C). Grease and flour a 9-inch bundt pan. Sift together (A) in a bowl, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together (B) until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream, beat well.
3. Brake the chocolate bar into pieces. Microwave for 1 min in a microwave safe bowl until melted. Stir to mix.
4. Take 1/3 of the batter out in a bowl and pour the melted chocolate in and stir well.
5. Spread half of the white batter in the bundt pan, smooth the top and spread the chocolate batter on top, smooth the top and lastly pour the remaining white batter on top of the chocolate layer. Smooth the top. You can use a toothpick to make marble effect in the cake or omit this step. I didn't do it and mine turned out to be marbled.
6. Baked for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 mins before turning it over to cool completely on wire rack.