Monday, December 24, 2012

Cranberries Salsa


I was never a fan of cranberries sauce until I tasted the cranberries salsa.  I was changed then and wanted this as one of the side dishes for my Thanksgiving meal.  Spicy, sour and sweetness increase one's appetite and which makes this dish so appealing and irresistible.  The crunchy apple added a nice bite to it as well.

If you make this dish, please feedback to me and link back to my original post.  Thank you!


Cranberries Sauce:

1 cup water, 1 cup cane sugar, 1 pkg. cranberries, zest of  2 clementines or 1 orange.

Dissolve sugar in water, then add cranberries and zest.  When boiling, turn the heat to low and let it simmer uncover until thicken, about 20-25 minutes.



Ingredients:

  • 1 cup cranberries sauce (from above)
  • 1 organic Gala/ Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and cut into small chunks
  • 1 scallion, washed and chopped
  • 1 small bunch of cilantro, about 8-10, rinsed and chopped
  • 1 big shallots, peeled and minced
  • 1 Serrano, seeded and minced
  • 1 lime, juice
  • 1 Tbsp. cane sugar
  • Sea salt to taste
Mix the above ingredients in a bowl.  Refrigerate for few hours before serving.

3 comments:

PH said...

It sounds like something I would love to eat! Let me find some cranberries and I'll give it a shot :) And oh, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Beautiful Salsa! Merry Christmas!

tigerfish said...

Interesting! I hope to try making this in future.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!