Thursday, October 23, 2014

Chicken with Cabbage


Since I started helping my friend in her restaurant, I don't have much time to cook.  Hence, less update compared to before.  Also because of that, my cooking has been much easier and preferably one dish meal.  The veggies that I bought these days, also have longer refrigerator life such as cabbage, celery, napa cabbage and romaine lettuce.  I made this dish because I was left with a bowl of glass vermicelli from the previous hot pot/steamboat dinner.  Guess who dish out most of the glass vermicelli to eat? Haha...if you guess my girls, you were right!  :)




Ingredients:

1 chicken breast, thinly sliced it and marinate with sea salt, rice wine, sesame oil, white pepper and potato starch, mix well.
1/4 cabbage, washed and julienne
1 carrot, diagonally sliced
1 small bowl of woodear fungus, thinly sliced
1 large bowl of pre-soaked glass vermicelli (tang hoon) 
3 cloves of garlic, minced
Oyster sauce to taste

Methods:

1.  In a heated wok, add in cooking oil of your choice, then chicken and stir-fry until no longer pink, add in garlic, fry until slightly brown, add in cabbage and carrot.

2.  Stir-fry until veggies are soften, add in woodear fungus and mix well.  Season to taste with oyster sauce, add a little water when needed.  Lastly add in the glass vermicelli and mix well.


1 comment:

tigerfish said...

One-dish meal is often my go-to as well. Quick, easy, nutritious - what more can we ask for, righ