Thursday, February 13, 2014

Korean Soy Sauce Pickled


After a while of hiatus from Korean Food, I finally back on with a new Korean soy sauce pickled dish to introduce to you all.  I was introduced to this at a Korean friend's house.  She took this out as a side dish/ banchan for a fish paste kelp soup that she made me.  I totally loved it especially I learned that it can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a year!  I bet it can be kept longer than that.  :-P  So, I came home and made my own.  I used the vegetable that I liked to eat, but you are free to add any vegetable that you like.  All these vegetable will fully absorb the flavor of soy sauce, sugar and vinegar, so it is like sweet, salty and tangy at the same thing when you bite into one.  Go well with rice!



Ingredients:

2-3 King Oyster Mushrooms,  rinsed and sliced/cubed
3-4 stalks of organic celery, washed and sliced
1/2 Korean radish, peeled and cubed
3 Korean sweet chili or if you like it spicy use 6-8 jalapeño or serrano chili, sliced  (I prefer to use spicy chili, give it more kick)

Pickle Sauce:
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup cane sugar
1 cup water

Method:

1.  Cut all the ingredients and place it in a glass container or any container you have.

2.  Heat the pickle sauce in a saucepan until the sugar dissolved.

3.  Pour the pickle sauce into the container with the mushroom, celery, radish and chili.  Make sure the ingredients are submerge into the solution.  Let it cool at room temperature for a day before transferring it to the refrigerator.  Ready in 3 days, I would gave it a stir once a day.  If it is refrigerated, should last up to a year.

6 comments:

tigerfish said...

Sounds easy! Tempted to try...:)

PH said...

I love pickles and I must try this!

Anonymous said...

Hi, do you pour the pickled sauce hot into the veges or do you cooled it down before pouring into the veges. Thanks,
Mooi Yap

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

I think enjoy this pickled with congee must be nice too.

Juliana said...

I never had this kind of pickles...look good and mouthwatering...
Thanks for the recipe Ching...have a great week :D

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Mooi Yap, I pour it hot into the prepared veggies.