Who wouldn't love fried chicken strips? Anything deep fried with batter is pretty appealing, unless you are a health conscious person who seldom eat fried food. I have cut down a lot of deep-frying at my house, but once in a while I do like to treat my girls to some deep-fried food. I love freshly ground grinder and you can easily find the Spice Depot spice grinders at WalMart. It came in bigger bottle with cheaper price which I liked, any bargain is a great bargain to me. You can visit the website for recipe idea, recipes or check out the variety of spices they carry. Here's my crispy fried chicken strips recipe to share with you.
1 big chicken breast, cut into long strips
- Spice Depot spicy sea salt grinder, about 20 grinds
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp. coriander powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Spice Depot spicy sea salt grinder, about 10-15 grinds
- 1/2 cup water
Enough oil for deep-frying
1. Add marinade into the chicken breast strips, stir well and let it marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
2. In a wok, add in enough oil for deep frying and turn the heat to medium high. In the meantime, prepare the batter. Add all ingredients in a bowl and stir with a spoon until the flour is well mixed and no lumps.
3. Take one chicken strip and dip into the batter until fully coated and drop gently into the hot oil. Deep fry until the chicken is cooked and golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Serve warm.
If you have any leftover batter, don't waste it, just use any fresh vegetable you have in your refrigerator for some tempura veggie. I used some cut sweet snap peas and carrot which I prepared earlier for omelet. You can use broccoli, carrot, sweet potato, potato, green bean, etc. The choice is yours! Enjoy!