Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sweet and Sour Pork Meat Balls


I love to make my own meat balls. Is it just not for soup, sometimes I make it to cook dinner like in this case sweet and sour meat balls. Baked meat balls are good as afternoon snack. But for dinner, I wanted to add some vegetables to go with it to make it more balance and colorful.

Making Pork Meat Balls:

1 lb. ground/minced pork
Season with salt, white pepper, sesame oil and Worcestershire sauce.

Method:

Mixed the above together and stir with a spoon until the mixture turned gluey and sticked together. Either use your hands or a melon scoop to create pork balls. Place on alum. foil lined baking sheet and bake in preheated 350'F oven for 15 minutes or until cooked. Set aside to cool.

Sweet and Sour Sauce:

2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
(or any type of vinegar)
2 Tbsp. tomato ketcup

1/4 tsp. salt

*Mix the above in a bowl, stir well and set aside*


2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/4 red onion, cut
1/2 carrot, sliced
1/2 zucchini, cut

Method:

1. Heat wok with oil. When heated, add in garlic and zucchini, fry until zucchini is almost half cooked, add in carrot and onion. Fry for a while. Add in pork balls. Stir-fry until pork balls are heated.

2. Add in the sauce mixture. Stir to coat well with the pork balls. Stir for a second and dish out to serve.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another easy and yummy recipe from you. Thanks for sharing. Can I substitute chicken for the pork?

Thanks

SIG said...

Wow, those look really good, the meatballs. Almost looks like beef balls in texture.

Beachlover said...

look yumyum..it's been a long time I didn't cook pork meat ball,now you make me crave pork meat ball soup with bee hoon!!

Anonymous said...

I'm a BIG fan of meatballs and those looks scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

Looks so yummilicious! Pork balls and sweet & sour sauce, great combination.

Anonymous said...

yum, I love pork balls! I haven't tried Worcestershire sauce in pork balls b4, gotta try it out some day :D

Chibog in Chief said...

Oh this is my younger sister's fave meat dish! so succulent! yum

tigerfish said...

I love homemade meatballs too! So versatile too...can even use in stir fry.

VG said...

Hi Ching

I love meat balls and make my own too. Ironically, I made meat balls in plum sauce last Friday. What a coincidence. I have to try your recipe soon.

VG

ICook4Fun said...

I like anything sweet and sour but I never try it with meatballs. This dish is really healthy as you bake the meatballs rather than frying it :)

Finla said...

Wow they look so delicious

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yes you can skinnymum. :)

Thanks Sig.

Beachlover, then you can make some pork meat ball with bee hoon. I like that too.

Thanks amritac.

Thanks Jo.

noobcook, you should try it, it's good.

Thanks Dhanggit.

Me too, Tigerfish.

VG, I made meat balls with plum sauce too! I like that as well, very good.

Thanks Gert. I like to bake it because it's easy as well. :P

Thanks Happy Cook.

Lia said...

do u know in my country meatballs soup selling in every side of the street, they called it "bakso" (made from beef)

To bad iam lazy to make my own bakso hehhehe, yours look yum!

daphne said...

oo.that's creative. I wouldnt hv thought of combining sweet and sour with meat balls. Certainly a healthier version than the deep fried one.