Monday, September 08, 2008

Rice Wrapper with Nori and Stir-fried Jicama


Experiment with wrapping my stir-fry jicama (Mung Kuan Char) with Vietnamese rice roll and nori sheet.


Resulted a delicious wrapped rice rolls! I served this kind of rice roll with Thai sweet chili sauce. What a good match and we couldn't get enough of this rice rolls. The nori sheet acts as a barrier so that the rice roll won't be too wet from the stir-fry jicama filling. In addition to that, it also acts as a bonus favor to the rice roll. Got my thumb up!

This is definitely a great appertizer to serve in a party since it is served as a cold wraps and great eaten cold.

Click here for my estimated "mung kuan char" recipe.

13 comments:

Meg said...

I love this! I am going to try to make it with a rice sheet instead of nori!

Greg said...

That looks really good. Interesting technique. I'll have to try it.

Dwiana P said...

Just look like sushi - very yummy looking!
I do like jicama too, always include jicama while I am making egg rolls.

Beachlover said...

what a cool snack!!.Love mung kuan char with any wrapper!.I like mine with sambal belacan sauce!!

Unknown said...

definitely a perfect appetizer... thanks for a great idea... :)

daphne said...

What a fantastic idea. And healthy too. Great finger food for sure!

tigerfish said...

Very refreshing. You made your own Thai chili sauce? Share the recipe leh!

Anonymous said...

amazing fusion creation!~ They are beautiful ... I want one!

ICook4Fun said...

I never thought of using nori sheet this way. You are really creative :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Glad you like the idea, Meg.

Thanks Greg, hope you like it!

Dwiana, I like jicama in my egg rolls too!

Thanks beachlover, oh it would be great with sambal belacan.

You're most welcome mikky! :)

It is Daphne and thanks.

Thanks Tigerfish, no lah, I used the bottle one lah.

Thanks noobcook, help yourself through the screen ya. :P

Thanks Gert. :)

petite fleur said...

Like the rest, I agree that this is a great idea. Love the combination. Going to bookmark this.

SIG said...

Wow jicama - what a cheem word. Haha.

Nilmandra said...

What a lovely ensemble! Must bookmark and try this :)