Friday, September 05, 2008

Black Pepper Pork



Another one of my easy home cook dishes: Black pepper pork with onion and red bell pepper.

Ingredients:

1 boneless pork chop, sliced thinly
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thinly

1/2 yellow onion, sliced thinly

2 tsp. LKK black pepper sauce

1/2 tsp. black soy sauce

1/2 tsp. sugar

A little water


Method:

1. First, marinate the pork with a little salt, chinese cooking wine, white pepper and cornstarch.

2. Heat up wok with oil. When smoking, add in pork slices, stir-fry until pork is no longer pink. Add in onion and bell pepper. Stir-fry for 2 mins. Add in sauces and sugar and a little water. Stir to blend well and serve hot.

Note:
Of course you can substitute red bell pepper with other colors bell pepper. I like red because it's sweeter.


I am sharing this dish with Culinarty's Original Recipe blog event. Check it out every month on the week of 15th for the round up.

12 comments:

Lore said...

This is a great recipe to have at hand when you're not willing to compromise the delish aspect of the meal because of the lack of time.
Gorgeous photo!
Thanks for sharing your dish with Original Recipes :)

Beachlover said...

what a nice homey meal!!.Love it! I have plenty of red pepper,maybe I should make something out of this!!

Unknown said...

now, all we need is a bowl of a steamed white rice... yum... oh, and chopsticks please... :)

Anonymous said...

wah! I am salivating now!~ black pepper is my favourite, and your dish looks really good ;)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Lore, beachlover, mikky and noobcook. :)

vanillasugarblog said...

That looks so good. I know everyone says that, but this is really tasty looking. I would eat this up with some nice sticky white rice.

SIG said...

I don't like pork but maybe if it's sliced this thin and plus black pepper, hmm... it might be worth a try. ;)

Lia said...

u gave me an idea now what to with my frozen pork :D thanks

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Dawn. :)

Hi SIG, for stir-fry pork I like to slice it thinly and make it looks like chicken. LOL!

Oh great Lia! Love to give people inspiration for dinner. :)

daphne said...

I always keep a jar of black pepper sauce in the fridge too. So handy! Can be used to cook anything. hehee.

Big Boys Oven said...

very nice lar, photo alwaya as usual pretty!

Caca said...

I am off trying it now.