Friday, February 01, 2008

Siew Mai II (Pork Dumplings II) & Award

Need to take a break from posting my CNY bakes to post this and to pass on this lovely award to fellow blogger friends. :)





I made siew mai again last week, this time using Nilmandra suggestion of adding a pea on top of each siew mai. How was it? Look nicer, right? I didn't have cilantro this time, so I made this without it. I found that the siew mai was more fragrant with the added chopped cilantro. Anyhow, it's still tasted good. Oh by the way, Evy helped me to put the pea on top of each siew mai. She is at this age of wanting to help in the kitchen.


Ingredients:

(A)
1/2 pound ground pork
8 large shrimps, minced
1 tsp. Ginger juice or 1 Tbsp. minced ginger
1 green onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. sugar
Dashes of white pepper
(B)
1/4 cup of minced carrots for decoration
Some frozen green peas for decoration
Round wontan wrappers, as needed

Method:

1.  Add (A) in a bowl and stir in one direction until blended.

2.  Take a piece of the round wontan skin and place a sizable amount of filling in the middle, hold the skin up to cover the filling.  Decorate the top with some minced carrots and place a green pea in the middle (optional).  Finish the rest of the siew mai.

3.  Steam in boiling water for 15 minutes, using a bamboo steamer or any steamer that you have.  Serve with chili in oil.




~Forever Friends Ball~




I was given this Forever Friends Ball and The Spreader of Love awards by Retno at Kedai Hamburg. And since I already have the spreader of love award, I only going to claim this forever friends award. Thanks Retno for thinking of me and passing the awards to me. It's very sweet of you and I truely appreciate it. :)

Now I would like to pass this on to:

V's East Meets West Kitchen
Daphne- More than Words
Daily Affairs
Beachlover's Kitchen
Baking Fiends Unite!
Tigerfish - Teczcape
Edith's Precious Moments
Jadepearl's Play-Play in the Kitchen
Big Boys Kitchen
Cocoa-Masakan Istimewa
The Art and Science of Food
Rainbows

9 comments:

SIG said...

Thanks dearie. I like the siew mai in the first post. They were prettier. But ya, it's great to involve kids in cooking and preparation.

Indonesia Eats said...

Thank you for the award.. I love siu mai (or we call in Indonesian siomay)

Little Corner of Mine said...

You're welcome D and Andaliman. Yeah, She helped me to make some of the CNY cookies too!

Big Boys Oven said...

Oh "terima kasih banyak-banyak", thank you love. . . . . .

WokandSpoon said...

I really have to try your siew mai recipe! they look so good!

jadepearl said...

Thank you! Terima kasih! *muah*
Your engine really started hor...so many delicious cookies. Aiyoh, can DHL some over ah? :)

Have a wonderful reunion dinner! :)

Sweet Jasmine said...

i'm hungry just looking at yr siew mai...and thank you for yr award...too busy shopping and making cookies to notice til now...

Little Corner of Mine said...

You're most welcome BBOven.

Yeah yeah, give it a try wokandspoon.

You're welcome JP. Sure, sure, you pay for shipping, okie? :P

You're welcome sweet jasmine. Show pictures of your reunion dinner ok!

tigerfish said...

Thanks thanks thanks for the award once again!