Friday, February 22, 2008

Chap Goh Meh, 2008 Dinner


My last day of CNY dinner spread. I told my hubby I'm going to cook something special tonight to celebrate the last day of CNY. I added one more dish into my usual two dishes.


Steam fish fillets, nothing special, I cooked this all the time, but this is one of my hubby's favorites.


Stir-fry Sweet Snap Peas with Chinese Mushroom, Baby Bamboo Shoots and Carrots. Hmm... I cooked this all the times too but not in this combination.


Butter Cereal Shrimps. Ha! this is something special as I normally don't cook so much shrimps for ourselves (I always sanction 3-4 for me and 4-5 for him, just want to be in moderation). But since this is the last day of CNY and it was my first time cooking butter cereal shrimps from scratch, what the heck right? Better enjoyed it! My hubby was actually shocked and asked me how many shrimps did you cook? HAHAHA.... So, I had to explain to him and also tell him don't expect any shrimps from me next week. So, we indulged! I will share my version of Butter Cereal Shrimps recipe in another post, if you want my recipe, stay tuned! :P If cannot wait, just do a search on Google lah, so many recipes on the net wat. :D

13 comments:

East Meets West Kitchen said...

All the dishes looks yummy! Ok, waiting for your butter cereal recipe...;)

SIG said...

Hey, could you share the sauce for the steam fish? Looks like Cantonese style? I usually use the soy sauce, light version somewhat like Teochew style but I love the Cantonese type, especially when go Chinese restaurants. Thanks.

SIG said...

By the way, lovely prawns. Yes, will wait for your recipe. Not urgent. :P

tigerfish said...

Cereal Prawns - did you use corn flakes ? Must buy Nestum cereal. Heh heh....

I love the fish - very professional coz heaps of spring onions!

Indonesia Eats said...

great! you made me drool... :)))

jadepearl said...

Wah...sedap! I wasn't feeling to well on te 15th, so the whole gang went to a seafood restaurant across the causeway for the chap goh mei dinner. :)

shanwen said...

Loveeee that cereal prawns.. yumm.. i am drooling, i am so going to cook that for dinner for tomorrow. Thank you for sharing:)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks gf! :*

Hi D,
Really don't know what style is what style but my sauce is also light soy sauce plus a dash of sesame oil. Hahaha...thanks regarding the prawns. ;)

Thanks Tigerfish. Yes, I used cornflakes, Sam's Choice cornflakes works well for me. What is Nestum cereal? Can only get this brand in S'pore isn't it?

Thanks Andaliman.

Hi JP, get to eat out also good, don't have to cook but still get to celebrate Chap Goh Meh. Got pictures or not, I want to hop over to "ka poh". :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

You're welcome Shanwen, glad I inspired you to cook your own. :)

Big Boys Oven said...

Oh this gal can really cook! I am waiting for you to turn my kitchen into heaven! lol!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hahaha...thanks BBOven! :P
Sure, as long as you kitchen is equiped, bring it on! :)

Sweet Jasmine said...

yr cereal looks a bit like cornflakes....i used nestum cereal to make this butter prawns...i posted it on my blog last year...

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Sweet Jasmine,
I used cornflakes in mine and thus it's called my version. ;) No idea what is Nestum cereal. Is it the 3 in 1 packet thingy?