I decided to make this red bean nian gao to bring to Lily's party and to serve at my party. This recipe was shared by Lin, and it is so worth a try. Thank you Lin for sharing this fantastic recipe. :*
This is seriously good. Tasted so much better with the added red bean, I will make this again next year. Oh yeah, have you spotted my mistake yet? I forgot to swirl the red bean paste around the batter when I dropped it in and thus some part had red bean while other didn't. Not pretty too but look can be deceiving! ;) Anyway, I learned from my mistake.
Baking Temperature ~ preheated 350°F / 180°C oven
1 lb (500g) glutinous rice flour
2 ½ cup milk
1 cup vegetable oil
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup sugar
½ can (15 oz) red bean paste
1. Grease a 9 x 13-in pan. Set aside.
2. Combine all ingredients, except red bean paste.
3. Beat the mixture with a beater, mixing well.Pour ¾ of the batter into the prepared tin.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven, put spoonfuls of red bean paste all over the baked batter.
5. Cover the remaining ¼ of the batter on top of the red bean paste & continue to bake for 60 minutes.