Thursday, February 09, 2006

Ginger Chicken

I assumed every cook knows how to make this easy and delicious dish. I learned how to make this because my mom used to cook this for us when we were children. It is like a comfort food and the house smells great when this is cooking.
This dish is also good for lady in confinement because it uses a lot of gingers and sesame oil.
Featuring one of my home cook dishes.
~2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into pieces. (Marinate it with a little soy sauce, dark soy sauce and cornstarch for at least 2 hours)
~2 inches of ginger, juliened (you won't eat it if it's in big pieces). Eat your ginger, it's good for you! :P
~1/2 onion, sliced
~Sugar to taste, about 1 tsp.
Soy sauce (about one round on the wok), dark soy sauce (about 1 tsp.), sesame oil (about 2 tsp.) and about 1/4 cup of water.

1. Heat up a wok, when smoking, add in some cooking oil. Add in the gingers, give it a quick stir to release the fragrant. Then, add in the chicken pieces. Stir-fry well until chicken is almost cooked. Add in the onion, mix it around and add 1/4 cup of water and let it simmer.
2. Season to taste with some soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar and let it simmer a bit. Switch the stove off and add in some sesame oil. Quick stir and serve on a plate.

Note: For confinement, use sesame oil to cook the ginger and chicken.  Also add wood ear fungus for iron.


linnish said...

This is also one of my mom's favorite dish to cook, sometimes she would use pork slices and while other times chicken pieces. For me, I love to use chicken delicious especially when eaten with the ginger..yum! Ok, I'm getting hungry now *lol*

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yeah me too, sometimes I used pork slices. :) But often times I used chicken, eat more white meat. Hehehe...

Tazz said...

Ching, second one on the way? *lol*

Little Corner of Mine said...

Tazz, you naughty naughty... *lol*

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy. Btw I'm Malaysian n my name also ended with ching

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Ching. Btw, next time sign off with your initial so that I know it's you. :)