Thursday, March 11, 2021

Seasoned Crispy and Fragrant Beancurd Knots or Tofu Knots


Well, I love almost all variety of tofu products.  I love beancurd knots because it holds it shape well when braising. Before this, I mostly use it in braising my soy sauce chicken or pork.  It goes well with rice with some homemade chili oil.  And then I saw a video of a different way of cooking dried beancurd roll.  I didn't have dried beancurd roll but I did have this dried beancurd knots that I could use.  Hence, here this recipe is born.  I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my girls and I.  Happy cooking!

Ingredients:

1/2 bag (150g) of dried beancurd knots

Seasonings:

White sesame seeds, 2 Tbsp.

Cumin powder, 1 tsp.

Gochugaru/ Korean style chili powder, 2 Tbsp. as I like it spicy

Sea salt, 1/4 tsp.

Cane sugar, 2 Tbsp.

Soy sauce, 3 Tbsp.

Mushroom powder, 1/4 tsp. (optional) 

Methods:

1.  First soak the beancurd knots in cold water until completely soften, about an hour or so.

2.  Then, drain and put it on a paper towel and pat dry the top with paper towel to dry.  I then place it in the refrigerator to air-dry it some more, about an hour.

3.  Heat a non-stick pan with oil to cover half of the beancurd knots.  When hot, turn to medium heat and pan-fried both side of the beancurd knots until brown and crispy.  Dish out and place in a bowl and finish the rest.

4.  Heat the same pan with a little oil, then add sesame seeds, cumin powder and chili powder.  Stir-fry until fragrant and then add the rest of the seasonings.  Mix well and then add the beancurd knots, stir well to coat every part of the beancurd knots as the tofu knots by itself has no flavor.  Season to taste as desire and serve hot.



1 comment:

The Sudden Cook said...

Wow I have not heard of tofu knots but they sound so interesting! This is a great tutorial thank you:)