Tuesday, March 17, 2015

4 Ingredients Cheese Crackers


I saw a friend shared this recipe on my Facebook page and decided to try it seeing how easy this recipe is.  I will try to make cookies for us instead of buying the store-bought non-GMO or Organic version if I can.  It will be a way to save cost and also nothing beat homemade.  We buy processed food out of convenient and it is just so easy to grab it on the shelves.  But non-GMO and Organic cookies or crackers are hardly no sale and it can be pricey if one is at a low income level who's trying to eat healthy.  So, the best bet is to make my own cookies and cakes.  Nothing beat the tender loving care ones put into preparing their food and/or bake for their family, especially with healthy ingredients in mind.

My verdict for this cheese cracker is it was really crispy and good when it was first out of the oven but not sure what happen but the cookie turned soft the next day for me.  So I had to re-bake it.


This recipe was shared by Divas Can Cook.

Ingredients:

1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 tsp. sea salt

Methods:

1.  Add all the ingredients into a food processor.  Process until a dough is formed.

2.  Lined baking sheets with parchment paper.  Preheat oven to 350'F.

3.  Roll the dough into 1/8 inch thick.  Cut into squares with a pizza cutter or pastry wheel.  Use the end of a chopstick to make a hole in the middle.

4.  Place on parchment paper and bake for 12-15 minutes.  It's crispy when it was hot out of the oven but mine turned soft overnight.  I had to re-bake it on the second day.  So, I am not sure what happen there!

3 comments:

Veronica said...

I love savoury biscuits most of the time. I am sure you won't be able to stop munching on these little babies. Thanks for sharing.

tigerfish said...

Very interesting to see these easy cheese crackers that use just 4 ingredients.

Juliana said...

These little cheese crackers look so good...and so cute with the hole...
I love it...simple is the best.
Have a great rest of the week Ching :)