Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Stir Fried Shrimps with Green Beans


This is one of our favorite green bean dishes, besides the one that cooked with sambal belacan. Sometimes I cooked it without adding shrimps because it had dried shrimps in it.  But adding shrimps certainly made it more balance.

The trick to cook a crunchy and green color green bean is you need to fry it in oil first.  You can deep-fry it for better result.  But I usually trying to save oil and just stir-fry it in oil instead of deep-fry it.  This dish is very easy to make and I hope you like it as much as us.




Ingredients:

1 bowl of green beans, washed and cut diagonally
12 larger shrimps
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup of dried shrimps, pre-soaked until soften
1 Tbsp. dark soy sauce
2 Tbsp. LKK oyster sauce

Method:

1.  Heat up your wok, when heated, add a little oil.  Add in the shrimps and stir-fry until cooked.  Dish out and set aside.

2.  In the same wok, add in more oil if needed, add in dried shrimps, stir-fry until fragrant, add in garlic, stir-fry for few seconds, then add the green beans.  Stir-fry until green beans are cooked and crunchy.  Add in the shrimps.

3.  Season to taste with oyster sauce and dark soy sauce.  Mix well and serve hot!


4 comments:

tigerfish said...

That is why those eateries/restaurants dishes such as Four Seasons Green/Long Beans are so good cos they deep-fry in oil first. Hard to do at home :O I usually just stir-fry as well.

PH said...

This is also one of my favourite vegetable dishes.

Noob Cook said...

Welcome back! I love this simple stir fry :)

Unknown said...

Oh yum, this is almost too simple! I reckon I could do this for my next dinner party as an easy entree. :)
click it