Friday, June 21, 2013

Granola Hemp Seeds Yogurt


While shopping at World Food recently.  I came across a Hemp seeds sample booth.  Truthfully I am not familiar with hemp seeds but I am interested in anything healthy.  Haha... The salesgirl served the hemp seeds with 365 organic vanilla yogurt and I was impressed with the yogurt.  The hemp seeds didn't taste bad but couple with the yogurt, it actually tasted pretty good.  So, I picked up the yogurt to eat with the sample bag of the Hemp Hearts raw shelled hemp seeds that was given.  With my no-bake granola bar, this was indeed made a delicious breakfast.


Flaxseed, chia seed and now hemp seed.  I read that hemp seed is one of the "Super Food" and one of the nutrient dense food that we should be eating.  Compare to flaxseed and chia seed, hemp seed is more well-rounded as it has fiber, proteins, essential fats, some vitamins and essential amino acids and other nutrients necessary for promoting good health.  It is said to increase energy, lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, improve memory, control blood sugar, lose weight and an antioxidant food.  About 4 to 5 tablespoons a day is enough to get the benefits.  Google it to learn more!  Compare to chia seed and flaxseed, hemp seed is soft, easily digestible
and great in eating it raw.



Ingredients:

1/2 cup yogurt of your choice.  I like the 365 organic yogurt.
1 no-bake granola bar (this batch I made without the chocolate chips)
1 Tbsp. Hemp seeds (or to your liking)

Method:

In a bowl, add the yogurt.  Take one no-bake granola bar, broken it out into small pieces and scatter on top of the yogurt.  Then, add the hemp seeds on top.  Serve this yummy as breakfast or snack!

1 comment:

tigerfish said...

Healthy nutritious breakfast! I tried all three seeds before and impartial to all of them.