Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Asian Peanut Sesame Salad Dressing


Evy's school has a "Healthy Salad" cooking contest and I needed to help her to create a healthy salad with a healthy salad dressing.  Hence, this recipe was created.  Her salad mix presented to school would be more colorful with fruit, seeds, nut, cherry tomatoes, carrots, mixed baby salad greens and hard boiled eggs.  We needed to do a taste test before submitting the recipe so I mixed up a quick and simple salad to try out the peanut sesame dressing.  We all loved it and I hope the judges would as well.

This peanut sesame dressing only has 1 tsp. of oil and it is sesame oil which is good for our health.  I think the rest of the ingredients are healthy too, if you try it, feedback and link back to me ya!


My simple quick salad mix above is cut organic romaine lettuce heart, cilantro (great to detox our body from mercury, aluminum and lead) and unsalted toasted sunflower seeds (you can add pine nuts too if you have).  It was so good when paired with my peanut sesame dressing that Edda and I couldn't stop eating.  Edda loved this salad very much and she would finish the bowl clean.  I would probably add a packet of pouch albacore tuna and walnuts next time.



Ingredients for Asian Peanut Sesame Salad Dressing: (serves 3 or 4)

3 Tbsp. water
1 tsp. sesame paste
1 Tbsp. raw honey
1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. pure sesame oil
1 heap Tbsp. chunky/creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. grated peeled fresh ginger
1 tsp. minced garlic

Method:

In a blender, add all the ingredients.  Puree until fine.  Pour into a glass jar with lid.  Serve with salad greens of your choice.  Keep leftover in the refrigerator.  Shake it before use.  Should remain fresh for 3 days or up to a week.


11 comments:

Emanuelle Lee said...

this looks so fresh and yummy!

hope you win the competition!!

i would really appreciate it you checked out my blog!!
i'm new to all this!!

www.manusmenu.blogspot.co.uk

daphne said...

yum!! I make a similar version for noodles too! Love this for salads as well.

Lillian (My Recipe Journey) said...

I love the sound of this one!!!

Belinda @zomppa said...

Oh wow! This can go with SO many things.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

I also like this peanut or sesame salad dressing, fragrant and refreshing !
Wishing you and your family a happy CNY and Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Juliana said...

Ching, I love the combination of peanut butter and sesame paste in this dressing...sounds delicious.
Hope you are having a great week!

tigerfish said...

I love peanut butter with a little sesame oil for dressing! Good for noodles too!

Alice said...

this sounds good
thks for sharing!
Happy Chinese New Year to u and family :)

Unknown said...

My favourite for lunch. Very healthy and tasty!

PH said...

I came back to tell you that I made this dressing last weekend. It was fabulous! Love it! Love it! Love it! Thank you so much for sharing and I will do a post on this salad soon :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thank you for taking the time to feedback to me Phong Hong. :) I am so glad you tried this dressing because I know it's delicious. Can't wait to read your post. :)