Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Chinese Almond Cookies


I had some leftover almond that I needed to use up, about 1/3 cup of it.  Just nice that we finished the oatmeal cookies that I made for our snack so I wanted to use the almond to make cookies.  A fool proof recipe that I made before and also must be easy.  So I picked this almond sugi cookies recipe that I made dozen of times and added the chopped almond.

I really loved the extra crunch from the chopped almond and this cookie was very yummy.  So suitable for Chinese New Year too. 





Click this link for the recipe I used, except I double the recipe and added 1/3 cup of whole almond, chopped.  Need to double the recipe because of this shape, it's a much bigger cookie.  For the shape, just pinch a bigger dough, roll into ball and flatten it and lightly press it on the parchment paper.  For the almond essence, I did not double it.

The baking time is the same and use a scraper or frosting knife to remove the cookies to cool on the wire rack.  This cookie is pretty fragile but absolutely yummy!

10 comments:

Belinda @zomppa said...

New Year isn't too far away - gulp! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

High Plains Drifters said...

always been a fan of almond cookies, be they far east or italian. cheers!

Anh said...

I always love good almond cookies!

daphne said...

I love the twist and a bigger cookie! Are u sure doubling the recipe is enough? LOL

briarrose said...

Looks delicious.

Indonesia Eats said...

I always love almond. Lately, I have been using almond milk since it tastes smoother than soy milk.

tigerfish said...

Almond sugi is my fav CNY cookie! Wah, you getting ready for CNY ;p

Food For Tots said...

Your cookies make me feel like CNY is just around the corner. They look really good! ;)

Noob Cook said...

yes almond cookies are my fave during CNY, but I enjoy it anytime of the year ;)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

ya, this is suitable for CNY cookies.