I was searching for pita bread to buy but strangely I couldn't find it in any of the supermarkets that I frequent. Then, I saw an ad. at Sprout and saw that they have whole wheat pocket bread! That's just like the pita bread that I was searching for. I bought those and made a quick lunch for Edda and me and also for Evy to bring to her school. For Evy, I put half of the pocket bread in a Ziploc bag with a spoon and a packet of ketchup. And then fried the smoked fish ham with 2 eggs in the morning and packed it in a thermos so that it would keep warm until her lunch time. She was having fun stuffing her pocket bread and enjoyed eating it as well.
See my salad above, I added strawberry and dried cranberries and it was so delicious. Now I must eat my salad with dried cranberries and sunflower seeds (would add some walnuts next time). Click here for my peanut sesame salad dressing. Now I double the recipe and keep it in a glass container in the refrigerator and stock up on organic romaine lettuce hearts for my quick lunch. The dressing is good as a dipping sauce for Vietnamese spring rolls too.
- 1 pocket bread, cut into half
- 3 large brown eggs
- 2 fresh Shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- About 1/2 cup of chopped red bell peppers
- About 3/4 cup of cubed smoked fish ham
Seasonings for eggs:
Soy sauce, white peppers, dried chives, dried chopped onion
1. In a bowl, break in the three eggs. Add the seasonings above. Lightly beat it until combined.
2. Heat up a nonstick skillet. When hot, add in some oil. Add the smoked fish ham. Stir and brown on both sides. Add in mushrooms and bell peppers. Stir well until soften. Add in the beaten eggs. Stir to cook the eggs.
3. Stuff inside the pocket bread and enjoy with a side of salad.