Recently I asked my readers how they used their dried mussels to cook and this was one of the suggestions. Except I used chicken drumsticks instead of pork ribs. This is definitely delicious and the dried mussels brought another flavor into the soup. This is Chinese dried mussels which you can find in the Asian market.
I would certainly make this soup again! Thanks friend! :-)
- 2 chicken drumsticks, you can keep it whole or cut it
- About 8 to 10 dried mussels, soften it warm water, rinse
- 8 Chinese red dates or jujubes
- 1 lotus root if small, half if big, peel the outer layer and cut into slices, soak in water until ready to use
- 1000 ml water
- Salt to taste
1. In a saucepan, add in water and let it boil. When boiling, add in the drumsticks. Scoop out anything that float on top.
2. Add in dried mussels, lotus root and red dates and let it boil again. When boiling, turn to heat to low and let it simmer for 2 hours.
3. Season to taste with salt. The soup will be sweet.