This cookie sure have a strange look. Evy called it snake skin cookie. LOL! This was resulted from my experiment in the kitchen. I was surprised that the cookie turned out like this too. If you try this recipe of mine, let me know if yours turn out looking like this too, okay? Because I am curious! Look aside, this cookie is crisp and melt in the mouth with the fragrant of custard powder. Actually tasted very good. This is the last of my CNY cookies for this year. 收工了!
Yields about 80 cookies.
- 2/3 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup custard powder (you can buy it at World Market)
- 10 Tbsp. butter (141g), soften
- 1/2 cup confectioner sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Sprinkles or red jelly or dried cranberries, cut
1. In a bowl, use an electric beater and cream together butter and sugar. Add in yolk and beat together. Add in vanilla extract and cream together.
2. Add in sifted (A) and use your hand to mix it into a dough.
3. You can press it with a cookie press or roll it flat and use a cookie cutter to cut into shape.
4. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Place a decorative red jelly or sprinkle on top.
5. Bake in preheated 350'F oven for 14-15 minutes. Cool on wire rack and store in air-tight container.