I cannot get enough of this cake, it is soft and moist and left you wanting more. This is almost like my Best Ever Pumpkin Cake except it's has a little more egg with added walnut and one additional spice. This cake is smaller and I used a 8-inch square pan to bake it. I created this when I used 1 cup of the pumpkin puree to make the cookies and left with one more cup of pumpkin puree. I loved pumpkin cake above all others, more than pie, cookies, soup, etc. So of course I got to make it into a cake.
If you have canned pumpkin puree at home, give this recipe a try. I am waiting for the Libby's canned pumpkin puree to go on sale so that I can stock up and make more of this cake. YUM! YUM! Oh yeah, need to buy more of the chopped walnuts too.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil (or vegetable oil or other neutral oil)
- 1/2 (15 ounce) canned or 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350'F. Spray a 8-inch square pan with non-stick cooking spray with flour for baking.
2. In a big mixing bowl, whisk or beat together (A).
3. Then, add in (B) and stir together with a spatula until smooth and well blended or beat to blend well.
4. Add in the chopped walnuts, lightly mix in.
5. Pour into the greased square pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverted to cool completely on a wire rack. Best enjoy the next day.