Saturday, July 03, 2010

Yellowstone National Park Trip 1

We drove there with our relative from Singapore, spent 5 days and 4 nights there (June 9-13, 2010).  It was about 9 hours drive and we got there in the afternoon.  We didn't go into the park on the first day but we drove to Jackson Hole for dinner.  This was the second day of our trip, via South Entrance.

 
Love this picture and the reflection from the lake

 
Road construction delay @ south entrance

Old Faithful, both exploded at the same time.  It rained after that, it rained every days while we were there and mighty cold (maybe due to the fact that I didn't prepare winter coat, but it's summer and I didn't expect it to be this cold).

One of the hot springs

Midway Geyser Basin

 Midway Geyser Basin

Hope I name the place correctly!  If not, correct me if I am wrong. :)

Stay tuned for part 2 and 3!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi little corner of mine

The scenery of the lake was captivating.

teatea

Belinda @zomppa said...

What crazy traffic. It's such a beautiful part of the country that it's worth it. SHE IS SOOOOOOO CUTE!

ICook4Fun said...

I always wanted to visit the Yellowstone National Park. Hopefully one day!

baby crib said...

I want to try that very amazing trip. Everything in that trip is wonderful. What I love most in that trip is the hot springs.

Unknown said...

omg! what a beautiful place...

Retno Prihadana said...

I wish I were there......it´s so beautiful, love the scenery.

Jean said...

I've been there 10 years ago!!! hope to visit it with my family again if there is a chance!!!
It is a great place to visit.

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence! We were there almost the same time as you (6/10-6/16). You pics are very nice.

daphne said...

my goodness! I love that photo of the reflecting lake!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks teatea, I love that scenery, so beautiful!

Thanks Belinda. :)

Gert, yes should go while it's still here. It changes every time with the volcanic activities in the ground.

Thanks Retno.

Jean, you should go again, now it's blossoming with baby trees.

Thanks Anon. My hubby took the pictures. :) It was rainy on and off and pretty cold ya.

Me too Daphne. :)

Mummy Moon said...

It is so beautiful, love all your shots!