This meal was created when I took out the fish fillet to defroze in the refrigerator and ended out too lazy to do a Chinese stir-fry dinner for the night. I loved baked fish because it was easier and healthier. The baked fish above was really easy which I will provide the recipe in a later post. Since I was not cooking rice, I had to come out with a dish to complement my American style baked fish . I came out with stir-fried macaroni pasta and added broccoli and tuna in canned. I did a similar pasta dish before but with a different pasta. This pasta dish alone was healthy because it had broccoli, tuna and extra virgin olive oil.
Have you tried turkey bacon before? I tried it at Denny's when I ordered my healthy breakfast (egg white scrambles, turkey bacon and chicken patty). I was hooked since then because it was really crispy and good and less fat than the original bacon. I would recommend you to cook the bacon in a convection microwave oven if you have one, it was really crispy and most of the oil oozes out during the cooking process.
I'm sharing this noodle with Presto Pasta Nights, an event created by Ruth from Once Upon a Feast. This week host is The Sweet Kitchen. Check out her delicious round up on June, 18th!
- Macaroni, enough for 4 persons, cooked as package direction and set aside
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 2 cans of tuna in oil, drained
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Lemon juice, fresh or bottle
- Black peppers
- Chicken stock or 1 tsp. chicken stock granules
- White wine
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Extra virgin olive oil
Optional: microwave crispy turkey bacon to garnish before serving.
1. In a saute pan, add in some olive oil, then garlic. Fry a little, add in broccoli, stir-fry until broccoli is cooked.
2. Add in white wine and chicken stock if used. Add in macaroni and stir well. Add in tuna and mix well.
3. Season to taste with salt, sugar, pepper, and chicken stock granules (if used). Lastly, drizzle with a little lemon juice, stir to mix well.
4. Serve with crispy turkey bacon on top. You can add a side dish if you like.