I learned this presentation from Chef Chen Kenichi as this was how he served his minced noodle in his cookbook, cool huh? I seem to only pile it in the middle but this was a great idea from him.
I'm sharing this noodle with Presto Pasta Nights, an event created by Ruth from Once Upon a Feast. This week host is Ruth herself! Check out her delicious round up on July, 2nd!
1/2 lb ground pork
1/2 carrot, minced
Some Nai Pak or Bok Choy, minced
1 small bag of Enoki mushroom, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. Chinese rice wine (white)
1 heap Tbsp. DouBanJiang (Chinese bean paste)
1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
Salt to taste
A little sugar
2 cups of water
Thickener: (cornstarch + water) or (potato starch + water) equal amount
I bag of dried egg noodle, cook as package direction, rinsed in cold water. Mix in with some soy sauce and a little sesame oil, mix to blend well, set aside.
1. Cooked noodle as directed above.
2. Heat a large skillet, when heated, add in oil. Then, add in ground pork and stir-fry until pork is no longer pink. Add in garlic and carrot and stir-fry well. Then, add in veggie and stir-fry well.
3. Add in Doubanjiang, hoisin sauce and stir-fry well. Add in rice wine to deglaze the pan. Add in water, stir well.
4. When boiling, season to taste with salt and a little sugar. Add some soy sauce if needed. Add thickener and stir until thicken.
5. Lay some seasoned noodle in a bowl. Top with minced meat sauce on the side or on top of the noodle. Stir well and enjoy! Of course, you can add minced scallion and crispy fried shallots and enjoy with bird eye chili (chili padi) as condiment.