This recipe came about when I decided to create a recipe for brie. Usually brie is best to serve it with crackers or even toasted English muffin or bagel but I wanted to think outside of the box. I wanted it a be a healthier combination and also delicious. So, I created this appetizer or finger food for party or any occasion.
My idea came from cheese wonton but totally different in a sense that I used canned tuna and a slice of brie and some seasoning. I wrapped it differently too. After I done deep-frying, it was the taste test time. I gathered my girls and asked them to try it. We all loved it and Edda thought it was pork as a filling, LOL! It's slightly sweet and savory at the same time and brie and tuna came out well together. It's hard to believe I was actually eating a tuna wonton.
I was at a friend's house during a Chinese New Year Party and she was serving some crackers with Brie as an appetizer. That was the first time I had brie because I don't normally had cheese in my house or tried any sort of cheeses out there in the market. My hubby and I were blown away at how creamy and delicious it was but when asked, the host forgot which brand of brie she bought. I tried one brand in the market and it was not it and tasted horrible. Then, I think I finally found it, it was this Ile De France Le Brie that she was serving at that time. This cheese was mild and creamy and totally yummy. This brand is awesome!
Step-by-Step Pictures Guide:
1. Mixed tuna, scallion, salt and sugar together in a bowl.
2. Prepare brie cheese as needed.
3. Take a wonton wrapper and place some tuna in the middle.
4. Place a piece of brie cheese on top.
5. Wet your finger with some water and wet all around the edges of the wanton with filling. Seal it with another piece of wonton skin on top.
6. When two wonton sealed together, then use a little water and pinch one end together like the above picture.
7. Use a little water and pinch the other end together like the above picture. Set on a plate and cover with wet towel/ paper towel and finish the rest of the brie tuna wonton.
8. Deep-fried in medium heat oil until golden brown and crispy. Serve warm.
- 1/4 of 219g of Ile De France Le Brie (54.5g)
- 1 canned Chunk Light Tuna in oil, drained
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
20 wonton wrappers for wrapping
Oil for deep-frying
1. In a bowl, add in drained tuna, salt, sugar and minced scallion. Stir to mix well.
2. Prepare brie as needed, cut a small slice to put in the wonton.
3. Follow the above step-by-step instruction. Cover the wanton with wet towel while finishing the rest.