Recently I made and brought 25 of these chocolate glazed baked donuts to bring to share with Evy's classmates and teacher. The teacher would do a little something special for the birthday boy or birthday girl and asked the students to sing the birthday song. Evy wanted to share some treat with her classmates and wanted me to bake something. I thought of this baked donuts because it was healthier for the kids, mainly made of yogurt. I added the chocolate glazed and sprinkles because the kids loved them, looked like a donut yeah?
See my other baked donuts recipes: Baked Raisin Donuts, Green Tea Baked Donuts, Assorted Baked Donuts, Healthy Baked Donuts.
I double the recipe below and made about 28-30 donuts.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tub (6oz/170g) vanilla flavored yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. canola oil/olive oil
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (for glazing)
- Colors sprinkles as needed
1. In a big glass bowl, combine (A). Whisk thoroughly with a whisk.
2. In the center, add (B). Whisk until combine. Use a spoon and fill the greased donuts pan, about half full.
3. Bake at preheated 400'F oven for 10 minutes. Remove with a toothpick and let cool completely on wire rack.
4. Melt the chocolate chips in a plate in the microwave. Dip the cooled donut with the melted chocolate and quickly sprinkle the colors sprinkles on top. Set it on a wire rack 1 inch apart for the chocolate to harden.
5. Store in air-tight container.
*Yields 12-15 healthy baked donuts*