Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Rose Konnyaku Jelly




















How you like my twin Koi fishes?  Spotted my mistake yet?  I made a mistake here when I made thing without thinking.  I should have pour some konnyaku liquid in the mold first before I added in the mixed fruits.  I just added the mixed fruits into the mold and pour in the konnyaku liquid and let it set.  So, the end result, not as pretty and some of the mixed fruits fell off when unmold.  Oops!




















If you want my rose flavored konnyaku jelly recipe, you can get it here.  The rose flavored is really great, I loved it because it reminded me of the rose drink that the Malay served in Malaysia during Hari Raya.  Here nian nian you yu to all of us!

14 comments:

Sook said...

Oh how cute!

kirbie said...

Your koi fish are so beautiful! I've been following your blog for a while now, and I've found so many great asian dessert recipes through your blog. Thanks!

Joy said...

They are adorable.

Baking Fiend said...

Just the dessert to have right now in Sg! Lovely. :)

Noob Cook said...

my pretty and auspicious for CNY. I didn't realise the fruits until you mentioned it, it's not really that obvious :)

Ling's Passion said...

I made that same mistake many times :-(. The excitement of seeing the set konnyaku jelly makes me forget this step.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Sook.

Thanks kirbie and glad to know my blog helped you a little. :)

Thanks Joy.

Yes Baking Fiend, heard Singapore is very hot these days.

Haha noobcook. :P

Me too Ling, always seem to forget this step.

Big Boys Oven said...

is truly beautiful, goes so well with other dishes, very refreshing too! ;)

Crystal said...

That looks so cute and pretty! Almost too delicate to eat. :)

tigerfish said...

I thought so too...it is already very nice :D ...but setting high standards is good.

Sweet Jasmine said...

These r colourful. I made some pandan flavored ones with some pink coloring too. Just add less water to jelly and the fruits will stay.

Belinda @zomppa said...

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool!! Happy new year!!

BlurMommy said...

I made the same mistake last year. Added too much fruits, so it kinda mess up the shape. That's why this year I made coconut agar-agar instead. :)

Blessed Homemaker said...

This is a great idea! I have literally no use for this mould except to use it to make nian gao. Now I have another use for it, thanks!