I had been thinking...whether to create new Chinese New Year cookie recipes for 2010. I came across Laksa Cookies last year but never tried it. 1) Living aboard good laksa paste was hard to come by. 2) I am too lazy to make my own paste (too much extra work just to make a cookie). And then it kind of strike me that I knew a good Thai green curry paste and in fact I had it at home. So, why not make a Green Curry Paste Cookie instead of the Laksa cookie for us who live overseas? Hence, this cookie was inspired by Laksa cookies and I was eager to try it out. So, sharing with you my tried and tested Green Curry Paste Cookies. This cookie is crunchy and very spicy! Definitely for adult who likes it spicy. And of course tasted like Thai green curry!
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup icing/powder sugar
- 50ml coconut cream
- 1/4 cup packed Thai green curry paste ( I used Mae Ploy)
- 1 + 3/4 cup all-purpose/plain flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1. Hand whisk (A) until blended.
2. Add (B) and hand whisk well.
3. Lastly add (C) and use a spatula to stir it together. When it almost come together, use your hand and knead into a dough. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Roll the dough out and cut out with the desired shape of your cookie cutter. Place on parchment paper lined baking pan.
5. Bake in preheated 300'F oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
~Yield about 53 cookies with my rose shape cookie press cutter.
This is how the flower cookie cutter press looks like. I forgot whether I bought it at Giant or Jusco supermarket in Malaysia.