I decided to try this cake because of the rave reviews. Also my fellow blogger friend did such a great job on this cake that it prompted me to try. Her cake texture was so fine and yummy looking, check it out here. Her recipe was in gram which I converted to cup to suit myself. My cake didn't turn out as fine texture as her, not sure what went wrong (maybe it's my conversion?). I did over bake this cake resulted in my middle sinking and a bit dry, which I checked at 32 minutes. So, I reduce the baking time for that size of loaf pan to 25 minutes. Just check the cake when you can smell the cake fragrant emits from the oven. Nevertheless, this cake tasted great with the fragrant of condensed milk. I will make this cake again.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup cake flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 large eggs
1. Cream (A) until light and fluffy with a electric mixer/beaters.
2. Add (B) and beat well.
3. Pour in (C) and beat well.
4. Add in (D) in 3 additions. Beat until batter is smooth.
5. Add (E) one at a time and beat until well mixed and smooth.
6. Pour into a well-greased and floured 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 loaf pan and bake in preheated 350'F oven for 25-30 minutes. Check with toothpick and cool completely on wire rack before storage.
Note: Baking time will depend on the size and type of pan you used.