I loved this Crab Classic, chunk style imitation crab meat! It came in Lobster Classic too but the only difference I can see is more red coloring added (since it's redder in color), other than that, everything looks identical to me (I forgot to look at the back of the ingredients list, might have a little lobster meat added instead of king crab?). I always buy more and freeze it in my freezer when it is on sales for buy one gets one free (it can freeze up to 9 months). Crab Classic is made with a mixture of seafood, mainly Alaska Pollock. So this is an excellent source of protein and omega 3 fatty acids. Not only that, the shape holds well so it's great in stir-fry, in soup and in spaghetti. A great food to substitute for meat/poultry and for the vegetarians who don't eat meat/poultry but do take seafood.
- 1 packet soft tofu, sliced like above picture
- 1/2 packet of imitation crab meat, separated (Crab Classic, chunk style)
- 1/2 cup of frozen corns
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 stalk green onion/scallion, thinly sliced
- Chopped onion (I added this just to finish the little bit of onion that I have in the fridge but not required)
- 1 Tbsp. salted yellow bean, smashed
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
1/4 cup water
Oil for cooking
1. Cut the tofu and lay it nicely on a plate. You can have it cold or you can heat it in the microwave for 2 minutes to warm it up before pouring in the sauce.
2. In a heated wok, pour in a little oil. Add in garlic, stir-fry until golden but be careful not to burn it. Add in imitation crab meat and corns, stir-fry well. Add in salted yellow bean and fry for a while then add in the rest of the sauce ingredients. Fry well, add the water and let the sauce thicken a little and pour it on top of the nicely arranged soft tofu.